8/12/09

Shitty Loss: Daytime, Extra Inning Edition

Another shitty loss! Is there anything worse than losing a day game like that? I mean, at least if I'm at home watching a game at night, those are likely my plans for the evening. I've got nothing better to do and I've set aside 3 hours or so to sit on my ass and watch baseball. But sitting inside on a beautiful day feels bad enough as it is, seeing another stupid Yankee walk-off win just makes it worse. Especially when the game is about 4 hours long.

At least we got another homer out of Randy Ruiz, and not a cheapo off the foul pole, this time. And Jeter got hurt. And maybe A-Rod. And Romero had another pretty good start. And Burnett didn't get the win. So it wasn't all bad.

I'll just blame this loss on Hill bobbling a likely double play ball in the 1st that let a run score and move on. Sounds good to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you are hilarious! We should write together! We would make quite the team... unlike the Jays.