9/4/09

Why?

I mentioned the other day that watching the Jays play out the stretch this season must be something like what a junkie goes through. Now, not ever having a substance abuse problem, I can't say for sure, but I'd imagine it's a more extreme form of something I've been going through on a day-to-day basis over the past few months.

I wake up, convinced that today is going to be different. I'm going to find something better to do with my time. I'm not going to fall back into the same old habits. I'm going to make something of my life.

It never works, obviously, and it's getting to the point where I dread the time first pitch rolls around. I know the outcome's not going to make me happy. Maybe it'll start out nice and I'll convince myself that it's going to end well, too, but it never does, and every game just gives me something else to get upset about.

Is there a baseball version of methadone?

No comments: